Leslie Lester LUKE
- Born: March 10, 1924, Haydock, Monroe, Iowa, USA 1
- Marriage: Marjorie Jane PALMQUIST on August 15, 1945 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois, USA
- Died: December 18, 2009, Tomball, Harris, Texas, USA at age 85
Les was stationed aboard the Navy landing ship LST-737 during WWII. He has recorded his experiences while serving aboard the ship and you can listen to his commentary by clicking here.
Noted Events In his Life:
- Census, April 16, 1930, Aurora, Kane, Illinois.
The following Luke family members are on this page:
John E. Luke, Head, Age 31
Dorothy, Wife, Age 33
Johnnie A., Son, Age 9
Charles I., Son, 8
Leslie ?, Son, Age 6
- Newspaper Article: a Luke family reunion with four generations present at the gathering, August 9, 1932, Chariton, Iowa.
- Marriage: Les Luke and Marjorie Palmquist were married, August 15, 1945, Aurora, Kane, Illinois.
Leslie married Marjorie Jane PALMQUIST, daughter of Arthur Elmer PALMQUIST and Mary Mable HOTOPP, on August 15, 1945 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois, USA. (Marjorie Jane PALMQUIST was born on June 2, 1926 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois, USA, died on December 21, 2005 in Tomball, Harris, Texas, USA 2 and was buried on December 27, 2005 in Klein Cemetery - Tomball, Texas.)