Charles Irvin LUKE
- Born: March 29, 1922, Bucknell, Monroe, Iowa, USA
- Marriage: Darlene I. HALLGREN on January 6, 1945 1
- Died: November 5, 2005, Aurora, Kane, Illinois, USA at age 83
- Buried: November 11, 2005, Aurora, Kane, Illinois - Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
Charles was in Saipan when the first atomic bomb was dropped. He said that nobody could imagine that one bomb could create so much destruction and didn't understand what all the hoopla was about.
Noted Events In his Life:
- Census, April 16, 1930, Aurora, Kane, Illinois.
The following Luke family members are on this page:
John E. Luke, Head, Age 31
Dorothy, Wife, Age 33
Johnnie A., Son, Age 9
Charles I., Son, 8
Leslie ?, Son, Age 6
- Comment 1: His eulogy was presented at his funeral by Lynn Barratt, November 11, 2005, Montgomery, Illinois.
- Memorial Card, November 11, 2005, the Dieterle Memorial Home.
- Cemetery: Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery, November 11, 2005, Aurora, Illinois.
- Obituary: Aurora Beacon News, November 2005, Aurora, Illinois.
Charles Irvin Luke, 82 of Montgomery passed away Saturday, November 5, 2005. He was born on March 29, 1923 in Bucknell, IA to John and Doris Luke. Charles proudly served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was an employee of Commonwealth Edison until his retirement, and was a member of the Tiger Club. He is survived by his younger brother, Leslie; and his wife, Marjorie of Tomball, TX; his nieces and nephew, Lark Small of Morgantown, KY, Lynette Barratt of The Woodlands, TX and King Luke of Tomball, TX; he also leaves behind many extended family members and friends to cherish his memory. He was preceded in death by Darlene, his wife of 53 years; and his parents. Visitation will be held from 3:00-8:00 PM on Thursday, November 10, 2005 at Dieterle Memorial Home, 1120 S. Broadway in Montgomery. Funeral Services will begin at 11:00 Friday at the funeral home. Interment immediately following at Lincoln Memorial Park. DIETERLE MEMORIAL HOME 630-897-1196
Charles married Darlene I. HALLGREN, daughter of Henry G. HALLGREN and Inez G. LARSON, on January 6, 1945.1 (Darlene I. HALLGREN was born on August 23, 1923 in Iowa, died on October 1, 1998 in Montgomery, Kendall, Illinois, USA 2 and was buried on October 5, 1998 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois - Lincoln Memorial Cemetery.)