Harold K. "King" LUKE
- Born: November 30, 1910, Ogden, Boone, Iowa, USA
- Marriage: LaVon D. "Bonnie" ROBERTS on July 26, 1934 in Chariton, Lucas, Iowa, USA
- Died: December 18, 1942, Geneva, Kane, Illinois, USA at age 32
- Buried: Aurora, Kane, Illinois - Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
Another name for Harold was King LUKE.
Harold really didn't have a middle name. All he was given at birth was the middle initial K. He got tired of people asking what the K stood for so he started telling everyone that it stood for King and the name stuck.
Noted Events In his Life:
- Census, January 10, 1920, Wayne , Monroe, Iowa.
The following Luke & Hooper family members are on this page:
J. W. Luke, Head, Age 46
Hannah, Wife, Age 44
John, Son, Age 2?
Willie, Son, Age 19
Irvin, Son, Age 13
Harold, Son, Age 9
John Marlin Hooper. Uncle, Age 58
Joseph Smith Hooper, Nephew, Age 20
- Newspaper Article: a Luke family reunion with four generations present at the gathering, August 9, 1932, Chariton, Iowa.
- Newspaper Article: his presence at the celebration of 60 years of marriage between John Luke and Kate Shreeve, October 23, 1932, Chariton, Iowa.
- Newspaper Article: his marriage to LaVon, July 31, 1934, Chariton, Iowa.
- Newspaper Article: his arraignment regarding his intoxication, July 11, 1935, Chariton, Iowa.
- Newspaper Article: his involvement in the death of Vernon Coop, December 15, 1942, Kane County, Illinois (From the Chariton Leader in Chariton, Iowa).
- Newspaper Article: his death while being held in the Kane County jail on murder charges, December 22, 1942, Kane County, Illinois (From the Chariton Leader in Chariton, Iowa).
- Cemetery: Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery: Aurora, Illinois.
Harold's name is misspelled on the tombstone
Harold married LaVon D. "Bonnie" ROBERTS, daughter of Ora R. ROBERTS and Ellen JOHNSON, on July 26, 1934 in Chariton, Lucas, Iowa, USA. (LaVon D. "Bonnie" ROBERTS was born on December 6, 1915 in Lucas County, Iowa, USA 1 and died on August 20, 2013 in Chariton, Iowa.)